The overall aim of the school counseling program at BAIS (Bandung Alliance Intercultural School) is to promote and enhance the development of the whole student. The school-counseling program supports the academic mission of BAIS by promoting and enhancing the learning process for all students through the integration of the School Counseling National Standards as defined by ASCA (American School Counselor Association) and ISCA (International School Counselor Association): academic, career, personal/social development, and global development. The counseling program is an extension of the regular classroom to help support the overall school mission;
“The purpose of the Bandung Alliance International School is to enable students to achieve their full academic, physical, social and spiritual potential, with a commitment to excellence. This education is based upon a foundation of Biblical truth, respecting individuals of all religions and cultural backgrounds.”
The emphasis is for all students to realize academic, personal, social, and emotional success during their time at BAIS. The counseling department aims to foster healthy self- esteem and self-awareness, as well as a sense of responsibility to self and others. The goal is that as a result of education at BAIS, students will not only have a firm foundation in knowledge and theory, but they will also have learned the importance of being active lifelong learners and respectful, compassionate citizens of the world.
A school-counseling program:
- Reaches every student and is developmental in nature
- Is comprehensive in scope and preventative in design
- Is an integral part of the total educational program for student success
- Selects measurable student competencies based on local need
- Has a delivery system that includes school guidance curriculum, individual planning, responsive services and system support
- Is implemented by a credentialed school counselor
- Is conducted in collaboration with all stakeholders
- Monitors and measures student progress and outcome results
For the 2020-2021 academic year, your BAIS counselors are:
Ms. Melissa Hall
Ms. Hayley Martin
Please use the menu to the right to help direct you to information and resources available through the BAIS Counseling Department.