BAIS offers a program for students who agree to an education in a Christian environment and who are capable of achieving in a program dedicated to academic excellence. The birth date cut-off for entrance into 1st grade shall be age six on or before September 30th of the current school year.
The admissions procedures are accomplished through the following sequence:
- Parents must submit, to the registrar, the properly completed application forms, health records,
transcripts, and copies of both the parents’ and student’s passport front pages and their KITAS. If the
KITAS is in process, an official letter of explanation from the sponsor must be submitted.
- Once all of the correct documentation has been received, the admissions tests will be scheduled for all students applying . Families must pay Rp 1.000.000 per student for the scoring of the tests. Please allow two business days for tests to be scored. During this testing time, students will be tested on their English language ability. Students applying for Kindergarten and up will also be evaluated for their math ability and reading level (MAP and WIDA).
- Once the paperwork and the entrance tests have been completed a formal interview will be scheduled with an administrator.
- The parents will be informed of the administrator’s admission decision after the interview. Once
acceptance has be en offered, a Rp13.000.000 deposit is required to hold a seat for your student.
- Students admitted during the school year will have a 24 hour waiting period after tuition payment is made before they can join their classes (a day will be given for teachers to prepare for the student).
All expat (non-Indonesian passport holders) students must have a Study-Permit from the Department of Education allowing them to attend BAIS.
Admission Policy for Indonesian Students
BAIS is now able to take any number of Indonesian students as long as they are proficient in English. BAIS principals will make admission decisions for Indonesians who have limited proficiency in English depending on the level of ELD students in that specific class (see the chart above for classroom limits).
All normal admission procedures, except possession of a KITAS visa, apply to Indonesian students.
Please note: BAIS prepares students for post-secondary education in English speaking countries and as such does not prepare students for the Indonesian National Exam (Ujian Nasional) . If you are expecting your children to attend Indonesian universities BAIS is not the best fit as formal Indonesian classes are only electives at BAIS and success in test-taking is geared for English exams through the Collegeboard. These exams include the AP, PSAT and SAT tests. We welcome your students but must claim that our preparation is not for Indonesian universities but rather foreign universities who emphasize English instruction.