Hello BAIS family!
I am Hayley Martin, the BAIS school counselor. I am so excited to start a new school year, and am thrilled that we are starting off together with face-to-face learning! The past few years have been ones of stretching and growing, and I cannot wait to see how everyone blooms this year.
For those of you who are new, and for those who may want a reminder, I’d like to share about some of the counseling services and resources available at BAIS:
Direct Student Services:
- Individual Counseling
- I am able to meet with students for individual counseling. These sessions can cover areas such as (but not limited to) social-emotional growth, conflict management, study/organizational skills, emotional support/processing, and healthy transitions.
- I use a combination of brief solution focused therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, psycho-education, and basic active listening skills when meeting with students.
- All meetings with students are confidential UNLESS:
- The student wants to hurt themselves or someone else.
- The student is being hurt by someone else.
- The student gives me permission to share.
- There is an academic/emotional need to share with a teacher/parent.
- If you are interested in referring your child for individual counseling services, please complete this form, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.
- Counselor time classes for Pre-K through 8th grade
- I have the privilege of teaching students for Counselor Time. Depending on the grade-level, I cover areas such as social-emotional learning, conflict management, study skills, and life skills, to name a few.
Indirect student services:
- RTI (response to intervention) referrals and evaluations for students who may need some extra
accommodations to be successful in the classroom. I work closely with Mrs. Alithia Davis, the English
teacher and Special Education consultant, along with BAIS teachers and administration to ensure that your child is receiving the best services possible at BAIS.
- Staff and parent educational services and resources
If you have any questions, comments, or even suggestions on how we can serve you and your child better, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com.
University of Melbourne
Date & Time: Saturday 3 September 2022 11.00 to 17.00 WIB
Location: The Westin Jakarta, Jl. H R Rasuna Said, Kav C-22 | Online via Zoom
News from the Math and Science Department
Congratulations to Hui So Woo (10th grade) for winning the Bronze Medal in Asia International Mathematical Olympiad (AIMO) 2022.
We are incredibly proud of your achievement and accomplishments.
Thank you for all returning students’ parents who already filled out the Annual health record update 2022-2023. Just a reminder for those who have not, please fill out the form and email it to dr.
Mayke (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring the hard copy to BAIS clinic.
Build to Give
Hello everyone, please fill out this form if you would like to join the Build to Give club this year before next Monday, August 15 (which will hopefully be our first meeting this year if everything goes according to plan).
We will update you further on meeting times depending on how this year’s schedule with sports practice and other extracurricular activities is laid out. Thank you for your patience.
Athletics & After School Activities
BAIS Eagles! Welcome back to the new school year!
Sign up for After School Activities
Soccer season is here!
Please fill out this form if you are interested in trying out for the Soccer IISSAC team. Tryout dates will be August 18 and 19. 3:30 – 4:30 PM. Meet at the soccer field.
This year IISSAC Soccer will be hosted by Wesley on October 28 – 30.
If you have questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.