Dear BAIS Families,
I am pleased to announce that BAIS will reopen for face-to-face classes for all students (Phase 2) on Monday, September 13th. This is all possible due to the recent shift in schooling regulations by the Indonesian government, our securing of necessary recommendations and permissions, and the sharp drop in covid cases in our area.
Here are some important details which can be shared right now:
- In-person learning will take place for half days only, from 7:45-11:45.
- The second half of the day will be carried out online, with time given for transition
- Students will follow A and B week schedules, which will ensure all classes will receive in-person instruction based on our alternating schedule
- Families will receive a Google Form in their email inbox on Monday, September 6th. One form must be filled out for each student at BAIS.
- Each student who will come on campus for learning must have a signed waiver submitted to the office. This waiver is available in our office, and will also be included in the communication sent out on Monday the 6th.
- Families who wish for their children to remain fully online will have the option to do so. Students will receive instruction via live, synchronous video feeds.
- This half day schedule (Phase 2) must take place for approximately 6-8 weeks before we can begin offering full
- Students at all levels have been given approval for on-campus learning. Our student numbers per class at BAIS are small enough that we do not need to limit the number of students for each class session. . For Preschool and Kindergarten, the Preschool 3 classroom will be utilized as an additional learning space, allowing for three rooms to be available for our PreK3/4/Kinder students.
- Our full reopening plan (IND version) has been uploaded to our website for all to view.
- Vaccination of students aged 12 and older is not yet officially required for them to learn on campus, but we strongly recommend you start this process for your children if you have not already done so. (Our staff members are 100% vaccinated)
- Drop off and pick up procedures will be shared with you very soon. Students in lower elementary, upper elementary, and secondary) will have designated entry/exit points.
Mr. Julian and I will host an informational meeting (time TBA) for parents via Google Meet on Thursday, September 9th. Please check your baisedu.family inboxes for the invitation. The meeting will be recorded and shared afterward for those who are unable to attend. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be directed to the appropriate person.
Battle of the Books
Secondary students are invited to start reading for Battle of the Books!
More info coming soon.
- Rose, Darlene Diebler. Evidence Not Seen
- Adams, Richard. Watership Down
- First Samuel from the Bible
- Shelley, Mary. Frankenstein
- Warren, Andrea. Escape from Saigon
- Voigt, Cynthia. Dicey’s Song
- L’Engle, Madeline. A Wrinkle in Time
- Lewis, C. S. The Silver Chair
- Sachar, Holes10. Klavan, If We Survive
Questions? Contact Ms.Ribbens at email@example.com
Our Library is Open for Checkout!
During school hours, please feel free to visit our school library to check out and return books. We have some new titles which you may find very interesting!
Info From Math Department
When : Saturday, 2 October 2021 at 9.00 am.
Who : Grades 1-12
Where : Online
Last Date to Register : September 17, 2021
Contest cost: Rp 250,000 /student
Returning candidates can log in to their existing account, and register for the SEAMO 2021 exam.
New candidates can sign up for an account, after which they can register for the SEAMO 2021 exam.
If there are any questions please contact Ms. Maria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
After School Activities – Registration
Hi Students and Parents,
If you are interested in joining the After School Activities, please fill out this form.