From the Athletic Director’s Desk
I am consistently reminded how special the BAIS community is. In four weeks, about 200 students from six different schools, along with hundreds of fans, will convene on our campus for the IISSAC soccer tournament. Preparations began last year for the tournament. In the past two months, I have been amazed and humbled by the number of people that have taken on huge responsibilities to help make the tournament run as smoothly as possible and to represent BAIS well to the visiting teams. Multiple minor elements must come together to accomplish a major success.
Similar to Paul’s illustration in Corinthians regarding unity and diversity in the body of believers, many people are using their individual skills and giftings for the larger goal. For weeks Pak Chevy and his team has been rotating our fields, painting and repairing facilities, building field dividers; Ms. Hall has created a plethora of banners, scoreboards, nametags, etc.; local vendor and businesses are going to provide food during the event. It is encouraging to see how so many people have already put so much effort into the event’s preparation. We still need more volunteers though! Starting around noon on October 25, schools will arrive on our campus. Games will start at 2:30pm and for the next three days we will need volunteers to keep books/stats, film games, announce games, be ‘ball boys,’ and medical personnel. If you are interested or willing to volunteer, please contact Justin Powers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill out the IISSAC Volunteer Form.
Volunteers are needed at the following times:
- Friday, October 25, 2019 – 2:00-6:00pm
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 – 8:00-11:00am, 11:00am-2:00pm, 2:00-6:00pm
- Sunday, October 27, 2019 – 7:00-11:00am, 11:00am-1:00pm
Mr. Justin Powers
We are excited to announce that Bandung Alliance Intercultural School (BAIS) is hosting the Indonesian International Small School Activity Conference (IISSAC) for soccer this year. This event is taking place the weekend of October 25-27th on campus here at BAIS, in Kota Baru Parahyangan. We are looking for business owners like yourself to come on board to help make this a successful event. As part of your sponsorship the name of your business will be prominently displayed on campus. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor and would like to have more information, please contact: Hani Ramappa (email: email@example.com or WA +6281214481338) or Jeremy Thomas (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your consideration.
Athletics & Club News
- Oct. 1 -BAIS JV Teams vs. SMP 3 Lembang. Games start around 4:00
Oct. 1 -BAIS Varsity Boys vs. Al-Irsyad ; BAIS Girls vs. WJWP (5:00)
- Oct. 5 -BAIS Boys vs. Safe & Free Indonesia (3:00pm)
- Oct. 7 -BAIS vs. BIS (4:30) (Games and times are subject to change).
- All parents, BAIS staff, community members are invited to come support your BAIS Eagles!
After School Clubs and Activities
- Young Tigers participated in a friendly invitational last Saturday at BAIS. It was great seeing so many BAIS students and other guests on campus.
- September 27 is a half day at BAIS. AME Art Club and Intermediate Badminton will meet at 11:30.
Keep your eyes on the BAIS Buzz for updates, changes, and more information!
Why We Do What We Do – Marketing Events
BAIS has participated in two marketing events at PVJ in an effort to get the name of BAIS out in Bandung again. Why is BAIS starting a new marketing initiative? There are two reasons for this:
- Based on several conversations with current BAIS parents who have spoken with their peers or colleagues, it seems that a large percentage of families who are in the demographic we seek are unaware of BAIS located in Kota Baru Parahyangan. It seems that after 11 years of moving from Ciumbuleuit the general awareness of the existence of BAIS has decreased significantly.
- As mentioned in earlier Dialogue with the Director meetings, BAIS has lowered the price point for tuition and introduced many discounts. This is making BAIS an option for a greater number of people. Our marketing efforts are looking to make this information known to a broader audience.
BAIS is looking to do more in the area of advertising and marketing. If you own a business and would be willing to have BAIS marketing materials available for your customers, please let us know!
On Monday, September 30 from 9:33-10:23 (3rd period), a representative from NYU Abu Dhabi will give a presentation in Computer Lab 2 (211). 10-12 grade students who sign up in advance by emailing Mrs. Wongkar (email@example.com) may attend this presentation. Parents are also welcomed to attend. NYU Abu Dhabi is the first comprehensive liberal arts and science campus in the Middle East to be operated abroad by a major American research university.
On Wednesday, October 2 at 11am (4th and 5th period), a consultant with Singapore Management University and Singapore University of Technology and Design will give a presentation in Computer Lab 1 (217). Any 10th through 12th graders interested should sign up in advance by responding to the email they were sent by Ms. Hall. Parents are also welcomed to attend this presentation.
Wednesday, Oct 2nd in the MPR from 4:15 to 6:15 pm
Scenes: Prologue to 6
Songs: All songs from ‘Prologue’ to ‘It’s possible’