Note from the Government Liaison
Hello BAIS Parents,
“New Norm” – a recent term for various changes in life that shifted our expectations of normality caused by some itty-bitty infectious agents, reminded us that small things can cause a tremendous change that can influence the whole world.
I would like to take the opportunity to share some itty-bitty reminders that hopefully will help you plan to avoid crazy disturbances.
- Frequently check your passport expiry dates for you and your family and the amount of visa pages left.
- For LIMITED STAY VISA or KITAS renewal, you MUST have at least 18 months passport validity to get it approved or renewed. When your passport visa pages have six pages left or the validity is close to the minimum window, don’t wait; please go and make an appointment to visit your local embassy in Jakarta as early as you can.
- After you get your new passport, sign it in the designated area, scan, and then save it to your drive/mobile device before you send it to the immigration office to get it registered. Skipping this step will cause you to not be able to travel outside of the country.
- It is wise to bind your new passport with your old one when you have another country’s visa in the old passport.
- Putting a bookmark in your limited stay stamp page will help immigration check you out quicker at the airport immigration counter.
- Save a digital copy of your KITAS on your mobile phone and plan to renew your limited stay permit three months earlier to avoid it being late. Being late can cause a penalty of overstay of Rp. 1 Juta per day per person.
- If you happen to move to a different address that is not listed on the KITAS, you are required to file a report of changing address to immigration and the police office.
- The best ID to bring anywhere is a printed color copy of your passport and passport size KITAS and laminated it back-to-back and stapled together with a copy of your vaccine card (unless you have a digital copy via the Peduli Lindungi app).
Other than passports and KITAS, these are list of document terms you must be familiar with and also must have:
For employer and employee:
- IMTA (Izin Mempekerjakan Tenaga Asing) or Company/Institution permit to hire a foreign employee
- DPKK (Dana Pengembangan Keahlian dan Keterampilan) Skill and Development Fund Skill
For all family members
- STM (Surat Tanda Melapor) Police Report Certification
- SKTT (Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal) Domicilecard/certificate
If you don’t have these documents with you, check with your company/organization/sponsor/agents.
‘I Love to Read!’ Month!
Elementary students – get excited!
I Love to Read month begins on November 1st!
Stay tuned for more info!
BAIS Campus Facilities
Hello BAIS Parents,
We are proud to offer the use of our campus facilities to our BAIS parents and students again, without the need for reservations. With this in mind, please take a moment to read and acknowledge the BAIS usage agreement here. Both your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Made to Change
Made to Change is back at it with another online event! Come join our exciting, colorful Walking Rainbow Experiment! Held via Zoom, this webinar program will be for kids between from 1st to 5th grades. In this webinar, students will conduct an experiment and learn about capillary action, the scientific method, and even some engineering. We will have two installments of this webinar. One will be on the 16th of October between 9 A.M. to 10 A.M. WIB, and the other will be on October 23, from 9 A.M. to 10 A.M. WIB.
Sign up for our event via the links below! (Items have to be pre-prepared and will not be provided by Made to Change.)
October 16 Link: forms.gle/GbkYq4PFDav3Btqh8
October 23 Link: forms.gle/PUXpw5qDuJw3dfDR8
Battle of the Books
If you like to read and be challenged then Battle of the Books is a club for you!
Please fill out this form to sign-up. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Ribbens at email@example.com
After School Activities
We are excited that our students can begin to participate in activities outside the classroom and the home. Please take a look at the list for various activities and fill out this form if you are interested in participating.