From the BAIS Elementary Principal’s Desk
Dear BAIS Family,
I hope you had a great week this week. It has been a busy week at BAIS with DAC meetings, curriculum planning, and accreditation work, in addition to all the wonderful learning that is going on in the classrooms. I want to take some time to celebrate some wonderful things that are happening in the elementary division.
- We harvested our first set of vegetables from the elementary garden and are in the process of planting our new series of crops. We want to say thank you to Ibu Nam Carta, Allessandro’s mom, for all her amazing help in getting the gardens started this year. We are in need of at least 1 more parent volunteer to help us with our gardens. If this is a skill of yours and you are willing to help, please let the front office know or email me.
Many of our teachers are working hard to maintain professional development in addition to their full-time workload. This past fall, Ibu Yofie, our library assistant, completed her Bachelor’s degree in English Literature. These years of hard work will be a great benefit to our library program. The elementary team took some time this week to celebrate this major accomplishment.
- Last Friday the 1st-grade parents got together for Coffee Talk with the principal. This was a great time for sharing and laughter. Our next coffee time will be in February for the 4th-grade parents. I hope I can see everyone there.
- Report Cards went out at the beginning of the month.
- Elementary Gold Honor Roll – 33%
- Elementary Silver Honor Roll – 58%
- 91% of the Elementary made Honor Roll this quarter.
This is a testimony to the students’ hard work and to the strong parent support. Congratulations BAIS elementary.
- Finally, the curriculum review committees are in the last stages of their review process for the year. If you haven’t filled out the Social Studies parent survey, please take time this week to finish it. You can access the survey through the following link https://goo.gl/forms/WfWeSq3awl56KWMP2. Your input gives us valuable feedback as we begin next year to improve the social studies and history programs at BAIS. Our language arts and ELD committees are finished up selecting new resources and materials for the 2018-2019 school year. We have some great changes in these two programs that we will share in an up-coming BAIS Buzz.
As always it is a pleasure working with you and your students. Please do not hesitate to stop by my office if you have any questions or to share anything that we can celebrate with you and your family.
Charity (LaMertha) Sianturi, Ed.S
Elementary Principal / Curriculum Coordinator
Honor Roll Correction
We would like to print a correction to our honor roll lists. Sung Chun Lee was mistakenly put on B Honor Roll in last week’s BAIS Buzz. He has made the A Honor Roll and we would like to apologize for our error.
Congratulations, Sung Chun! Well done!
Before the Christmas holiday, we have sent the 2018-2019 reenrollment form. Please complete the reenrollment form and return it with the appropriate fees to the BAIS office on or before Friday, March 2, 2018. The reenrollment form can be collected in the school office, on the school website, and is also attached in the email you received for this edition of the BAIS BUZZ. Your child’s reenrollment for the 2018-2019 school year is secure when this form and the accompanying payment have been received. Payment can be made by bank transfer or cash to the finance office.
The bank account information is the following:
|Bank Name||PT Bank Permata|
|Bank Address||Jalan Merdeka No. 66, Bandung|
|Account Name||Yayasan Bandung Alliance Intercultural S|
Please note after March 2, 2018 your child’s seat in class is no longer secure. Some classes are close to their student limit, so please reenroll promptly to ensure your student’s seat. The 7,000,000 IDR non-refundable reenrollment deposit will be applied towards the student’s fall 2016 tuition. After March 2, 2018, only 5,500,000 IDR of the 7,000,000 IDR deposit will be applied towards the student’s fall 2018 tuition.
We appreciate your support! If you have any questions, please stop by the office at any time.
Drama Rehearsal Schedule
January 31, 2018 from 4pm to 6pm
Scene Nine: The Great Oz and Scene Ten: A Mad Adventure
Cast: Fish Footman, Frog Footman, Dorothy, Wizard, Lion, Alice, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Dormouse, March Hare
Athletic and Club News
- Great job to our BAIS Basketball teams in the CBCS tournament!
- Check the BAIS Public Calendar and BAIS Pep Club Facebook page for game announcements and updates.
- IISSAC Tournament February 23rd-25th in Salatiga!
- Season’s Record: Boys 7-1 / Girls 2-3
After School Activities
- UN Started This Week! Contact Mr. Julian if you are interested. The club is open to high school and meets Friday from 3:45-4:45. Registration for the March MUN Conference closes at the end of the month.
- Ban Ki-moon stated, “As the young leaders of tomorrow, you have the passion and energy and commitment to make a difference. What I’d like to really urge you do is to have a global vision. Go beyond your country; go beyond your national boundaries.” Model United Nations creates opportunities for our BAIS students to work together to solve global issues.
- BAIS Swimming Invitational this Saturday! Please come out and support our BAIS swimmers. Meet starts at 8am.
- Season Three of After School Activities starts in March. If you have any suggestions or ideas about activities or clubs for our students, please contact Mr. Powers, Mrs. Loewen, or Ibu Dias.
Keep your eyes on the BAIS Buzz for updates, changes, and more information!
Mr. Justin Powers
Updates from the Guidance Counselor
When you see these students in the halls or around campus make sure to congradulate them. Give them a high-five!
- Dong Jun Lee – Accepted to Asbury University in America with a 30% Merit-based scholarship and the oppurtunity for more.
- Haydn Astian – Accepted of the college and program of his choice!
- Sung Chun Lee – Accepted to Dordt College in America!
Thank you for being excited for our students, for praying for them, and for congratulating them! Keep reading the BAIS Buzz and check-out the TV in the lobby for more updates.
Ms. Melissa Hall
Download this issue as PDF: Issue 22: 26 January, 2018 – English