From the Secondary Principal
It is a pleasure writing this article while riding with 26 student-athletes, four coaches, and the athletic department on our way to Surabaya for the IISSAC basketball tournament. Even with an early departure of 6:00am, many parents were on campus waving goodbye in support of the basketball teams. I would like to send a special thanks out to Mr. Teddy Kurniawan and Felicianna Koshan for providing the teams with delicious snacks for the trip! Our athletes will compete in two games Friday and three games on Saturday. Sunday games are based on a single-elimination bracket so the teams will have at least one game on Sunday, but we hope for more! This is a reminder that student-athletes will be excused on Monday from periods 1-3 if the bus returns to Kota Baru between 9:00pm and midnight. If the bus returns after midnight, student-athletes are excused for the full day. They can rest up and get healthy!
I have two important reminders for parents to continually improve our customer service and keep our kids safe.
- When picking up students after the school day is over, BAIS has teachers on duty to supervise and ensure all students get into the correct vehicle with the correct driver. If your student is departing school with a different driver or family, please inform the main office (Ibu Srie). She will communicate with the supervising teacher so we can work in partnership to ensure every student is accounted for and gets in the correct vehicle at pick-up time.
- If your student has any issue related to the food at lunchtime, please have them immediately communicate to the teacher or kitchen staff on duty. BAIS will always do its best to make the situation better but it needs to be communicated right away so the student can have the best eating experience possible. Food is important! If the student believes the wrong lunch order was given to them, staff will double-check to confirm. Our kitchen staff plans well in advance so please know that BAIS cannot cancel lunch orders during the week before or during the week of the order. If your student will be away, thank you for letting us know well ahead of time and we will do our best to cancel and refund the order.
One expected student outcome at BAIS is social responsibility. Under the leadership of Mr. Whitehurst and through partnership with our teachers, Week Without Walls plans are already in place. In fact, you can expect to receive permission slips soon. This is a time of intense focus on identifying local, national, or international needs and doing something to meet those needs. We expect our graduates to continue this mentality into adulthood and be true servant-leaders. Please be in prayer for safety for everyone involved and that our light would shine brightly as we serve with joy!
In His service,
Mr. Thomas, MS Ed.
Congratulations to Angelia Tanu!
Angelia has been accepted to the University of Western Australia in Australia. Make sure to congratulate her when you see her around campus.
Also, please be praying for the other students in the senior class as they are in the process of applying or are waiting for the decisions to be announced.
Summer Programs for High School Students
Programs are starting to be full. If you want to participate in a summer program, you better sign up soon.
Throughout the school year, we receive information about summer programs at universities around the world. We have combined it into one document for quick access and would like to pass that information along for you and your student to look into. Please be aware that some due dates are coming up quickly.
Athletics & Club News
- The IISSAC Basketball Starts TODAY!
- You can watch all the IISSAC games at the link provided. Subscribe to the BAIS YouTube page to be notified when the games go live.
After School Clubs and Activities
- IISSAC Badminton tryouts are Monday, Feb. 24.
Students wanting to try out for the IISSAC badminton team need to be ready to start tryouts at 3:45 (please do not be late). Students need to bring their own racquet and appropriate shoes. Please bring a jump rope if you have one.
- Season two of after school clubs/activities will end February 21. Season three starts March 2 and last until May 22. Registration will begin Wednesday, Feb. 26.
- The next BAIS swim invitation will be on March 7. Keep checking the BAIS Buzz for more information.
Keep your eyes on the BAIS Buzz for updates, changes, and more information!
Week Without Walls
We’re getting excited about our upcoming, school-wide service event, Week Without Walls from March 16-20! This is the time of year where each student, teacher, and faculty member is involved in serving our community through various projects in Bandung and Kota Baru. We’re currently looking for any vehicles and/or drivers we could borrow to help with transportation during this week. If you would be interested in helping us with transportation, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAIS Week Without Walls Needs
WWW – Rumah Ruth
BAIS is blessed to partner with Rumah Ruth, a ministry to pregnant mothers and babies, again this year during Week Without Walls. We would love to bless this ministry with new or gently used baby items. If you have anything to donate please contact Kelsey Nainggolan, 1st grade, (email@example.com) or Ibu Yofi, library, (firstname.lastname@example.org). Items can also be dropped off between 7:45-3:30 in the BAIS library with Ibu Yofi. Thanks for partnering with us to love on this local ministry!
WWW – For Kids By Kids
One of our WWW teams is going to be visiting 3 different children’s homes for kids with cancer and terminal illness. We would like to help these homes with some practical supplies for them. If you are able to help at all, please drop supplies off to the office.
- Wet wipes
- Diapers – all sizes
- Buku cerita
- Socks – all sizes
Wednesday, Feb 26 — Act 2 rehearsal for all cast and crew
Saturday, Feb 29 — All cast and crew dress rehearsal from 9 AM to 5 PM in the MPR.
Get your tickets now!
Saturday night is almost sold out already!
Tickets are 120,000Rp and can be purchased with Ibu Mega.