From the Director
Looking Ahead to the 2021-2022 School Year
I am certain that many families during this season are considering their summer plans and potential dates of return. For that reason, I wanted to take a moment and share some highlights from the 2021-2022 calendar. The calendar was created with feedback and collaboration from the school leadership team, the director’s advisory council, teachers, and staff.
August 9, 2021: Back-To-School Kick-off! Students are required to attend this event in order to prepare for the first day of school. On this day students will meet their teachers, receive schedules, set up learning accounts, receive textbooks, and meet their classmates. It is always a joy to welcome back students at this event.
August 11, 2021: The First Day of School! Due to the Islamic New Year Holiday on August 10th, we will officially begin normal classes on Wednesday, August 11. BAIS leadership remains steadfast in face-to-face learning as the optimal and safest way to serve your families. Thus, the school will continue to communicate with relevant government agencies toward those ends.
Proposed IISSAC Dates:
- Soccer at BAIS: October 29-31
- Basketball at Surabaya: February 25-27
- Swimming at Wesley: April 22-24
- Cross Country and Badminton at MCS: April 22-24
- December 18-January 9: Christmas and New Year Holiday
- May 2-6: Idul Fitri Holiday
(It is likely there will be AP Exams this week scheduled by CollegeBoard.)
- May 27: Commencement/Graduation
- June 9: Last Day of School
As a community, we eagerly look ahead to a fantastic 2021-2022 school year. I am reminded of Proverbs 16:9, “A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.”
Mr. Jeremy Thomas
We are SO close to production! YAY! It does mean a LOT of work next week. Please be watching the schedule to be sure you are there when needed! Here is a breakdown
of the last week of rehearsals:
- Saturday, April 10, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM – Technical and Dress rehearsal FULL CAST (Elementary you do not need to come until 1PM)
- Monday, April 12, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM – ACT 1 FULL CAST – NO Elementary
- Tuesday, April 13 – 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM – ACT 2 FULL CAST WITH ELEMENTARY
- Wednesday, April 14 – 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM – Full Run-Through – FULL CAST – NO Elementary
- Thursday, April 15 – 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM – Full Run-Through – FULL CAST WITH ELEMENTARY – costumes but NO hair and make-up
- FRIDAY, APRIL 16 – 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM – PERFORMANCE AT 6:00 PM – FULL CAST WITH ELEMENTARY
- SATURDAY, APRIL 17 – 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM – PERFORMANCE AT 6:00 PM – FULL CAST WITH ELEMENTARY
It’s going to be busy but it’s going to be GREAT!
Attention Secondary Students!
Registration opens Monday, April 12 for a Multi-school Clash Royal Tournament.
The tournament begins Monday, April 19 at 2:30
Registration is open only to the first 10 BAIS students that register.
Contact Mr. Powers with any questions.
BAIS Office Info
Each year the school updates all student and family data in PowerSchool. Please send us a copy of the following documents:
- Valid student and parent passports of both Indonesia and expat families.
- Valid student and parent KITAS of expats only.
- Birth Certificate for Indonesian citizens
- Family ID cards (Kartu Keluarga) for Indonesian citizens.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org